The Onsite Wastewater Association of Idaho (OWAI) was formed to provide onsite wastewater professionals, developers, realtors, regulatory personnel, municipal authorities and homeowners in Idaho a stake in an association through which organized efforts may be made towards enhancing the use of onsite wastewater treatment and disposal practices. The ultimate goal and vision is to afford the general public in Idaho the highest standards of safe, sanitary, and environmentally sound onsite wastewater management. Creating open forums of information exchange for all interested and affected parties is a priority for OWAI.
The Onsite Wastewater Association of Idaho’s purpose is as follows:
· To provide persons engaged in the manufacture, design, siting, installation, operation, servicing, maintenance, and regulation of onsite wastewater treatment and disposal systems in Idaho a common association through which unified, lawful efforts may be made towards solving onsite wastewater industry problems and introduce innovative technological advances to the marketplace.
· To improve the conditions of the onsite wastewater treatment and disposal systems industry in Idaho by working toward the establishment of uniform and responsible standards of manufacture, design, siting, installation, operation, maintenance, management, servicing, and regulation of on-site wastewater treatment systems.
· To provide a forum for research and for open dialogue and exchange of ideas, information, and technology transfer among private industry, professional practitioners, governmental policy makers, regulators, homeowners and all other organizations, agencies, and individuals having complementary objectives and purposes.
· To foster training, education, and certification opportunities for professional onsite wastewater practitioners and other audiences in Idaho.
· To actively participate in public and private efforts in the investigation, evaluation, and development of new and improved practices of conventional, alternative, and experimental onsite wastewater systems, policies, regulations, methods, and materials.
· To provide timely input to Idaho policy makers concerning onsite wastewater treatment and disposal regulations.
· To formulate and maintain ethical standards for the guidance of its members.
· To participate as a member in other local, state, or national associations with common needs, goals, or purposes.
· To compile and to disseminate statistics, experiences, and other relevant information affecting the onsite wastewater treatment industry in Idaho.
Joining the Onsite Wastewater Association of Idaho (OWAI) is as easy as downloading, completing and faxing or emailing the completed membership form below. You will find the contact and delivery information at the bottom of the form. We look forward to receiving you or your company as a new member of the only non-profit, onsite wastewater association in Idaho.